Check here regularly for constantly-updated events all around Pittsburgh
Thanksgiving is a good time of year to reflect on what makes your life wonderful and this year, inspired by our upcoming exhibit The Pigeon Comes to Pittsburgh! A Mo Willems Exhibit, we will be focusing on the brilliant gift of friendship by celebrating Friendsgiving. Join us for a week chockfull of activities honoring the special and everlasting bond of friendship.
Happenings throughout the museum:
- Elephant & Piggie STORY TIME and Meet Ups, November 21 and November 24 – 26
- Make your way to the Big Red Room Café for a Friendsgiving Feast. Take time to reflect and appreciate your friends while sharing a variety of seasonal treats together. Sponsored in part by Eat’n Park Hospitality Group, November 21, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Join us in the Big Red Room Café to braid, weave and tie your own friendship bracelets using colorful embroidery thread and ribbon. Learn and practice different techniques and styles to create your own one of kind mementos to give to your friends as a token of appreciation for all they do. This event is supported by UPMC MyHealth Community, an initiative ofUPMC Health Plan. November 22, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Stop by the Friendship Trading Post located in the Big Red Room Café and exchange a pledge to do a good deed for a friend in need for a warm cup of apple cider. November 24, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Be inspired by what makes your relationship special and collaborate to create a Friendship Treasure in the MAKESHOP! What can we design and make together? November 26, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Grab a friend and strike a pose! Join us in the Studio as we explore portraiture with friends. Using props, pencils, and paper, how will you make a portrait of a friend? How will you show that they are happy? What about sad? Come one down to the Studio and explore with us! Daily, 10:00am – 4:30pm
Give Big Pittsburgh will raise money for local nonprofits through a single online donation platform, providing a simple way to connect donors to the charitable causes they care about most and encourage them to take action. This 24-hour online fundraising effort hosted by the Pittsburgh Magazine in conjunction with the Pittsburgh Foundation and local sponsors, will offer our area of nonprofits the chance to raise funds to support their critical missions.
One magical night of play to benefit the Pittsburgh Emergency Medicine Foundation.
The Gym at Ace Hotel Pittsburgh transforms for one night only into a winter playground for gown ups. Carnival games galore, special appearances, winter spectacles, and whimsical performances are just the beginning. Warm your bellies playful takes on winter treats and carnival fare from the Whitfield and hot spiked cocktails.
Our medical professionals and EMT workers help each and every one of us year round. Kick off 2018 by supporting these innovative and courageous men and women in Emergency Medicine at the PEMF Winter Carnivale.
*Dress for the ski lodge with a twist. Think cozy sweaters, fuzzy boots and hats, or cocktail attire paired with your best ski goggles. Anything goes at the Winter Carnivale.