Check here regularly for constantly-updated events all around Pittsburgh
An extraordinary new generation of academically trained American sculptors emerged during the late nineteenth and early twentieth centuries. At the height of the Gilded Age, they achieved widespread critical and commercial success for works created on public commission as well as for private patrons. Working on both grand civic platforms and on a more intimate, domestic scale, they transformed the art of American sculpture.
*Please see the above link for museum hours.
Thanksgiving is a good time of year to reflect on what makes your life wonderful and this year, inspired by our upcoming exhibit The Pigeon Comes to Pittsburgh! A Mo Willems Exhibit, we will be focusing on the brilliant gift of friendship by celebrating Friendsgiving. Join us for a week chockfull of activities honoring the special and everlasting bond of friendship.
Happenings throughout the museum:
- Elephant & Piggie STORY TIME and Meet Ups, November 21 and November 24 – 26
- Make your way to the Big Red Room Café for a Friendsgiving Feast. Take time to reflect and appreciate your friends while sharing a variety of seasonal treats together. Sponsored in part by Eat’n Park Hospitality Group, November 21, 1:00 PM – 2:00 PM
- Join us in the Big Red Room Café to braid, weave and tie your own friendship bracelets using colorful embroidery thread and ribbon. Learn and practice different techniques and styles to create your own one of kind mementos to give to your friends as a token of appreciation for all they do. This event is supported by UPMC MyHealth Community, an initiative ofUPMC Health Plan. November 22, 11:00 AM – 12:00 PM
- Stop by the Friendship Trading Post located in the Big Red Room Café and exchange a pledge to do a good deed for a friend in need for a warm cup of apple cider. November 24, 10:30 AM – 12:30 PM
- Be inspired by what makes your relationship special and collaborate to create a Friendship Treasure in the MAKESHOP! What can we design and make together? November 26, 10:00 AM – 4:30 PM
- Grab a friend and strike a pose! Join us in the Studio as we explore portraiture with friends. Using props, pencils, and paper, how will you make a portrait of a friend? How will you show that they are happy? What about sad? Come one down to the Studio and explore with us! Daily, 10:00am – 4:30pm
Sewickley Light Up Night is a longstanding holiday tradition! Bring the whole family to Sweetwater on December 1 for our Let the Men Cook Fundraiser! Enjoy holiday music, Holiday mART shopping, and a gourmet meal provided by our all male volunteer-chef team! The evening menu includes many original family recipes that won’t disappoint! All ages welcome!
*Shopping extended until 10:00pm.
TICKETS AVAILABLE AT THE DOOR ONLY. $15/adult, $5/children 12 & under
Holiday mART is a fundraiser. As a nonprofit organization, Holiday mART proceeds support Sweetwater’s numerous art programs and scholarships for children and adults held throughout the year in addition to providing support to participating artists.