Magnificat is a 30 minute vocal canticle considered among the grandest illustrations of Bach’s genius. The Camerata will be joined by Chatham Baroque and guests to present this popular vocal work. Artistic Director Mark Anderson has also programmed a cappella choral music around the traditional theme of Mary as a Rose, which is the narrative of Mary bringing forth a child.
- The program includes: 2 settings of Es is ein Ros entsprungen (Lo, How a Rose is Blooming) by Michael Prätorious/ Jan Sandström (1571-1621)/(b. 1954) and Heinrich von Herzogenberg (1843-1900)
- 2 settings of There Is No Rose of Such Virtue by John Joubert (b. 1937) and Randall Giles (1950-2010)
- Es ist ein Ros entsprungen by Michael Praetorious/Hugo Distler (1908-1942)
- 2 settings of A Spotless Rose by Paul Mealor (b. 1975) and Ola Gjello (b. 1978)
- Magnificat in D (BWV 243) by Johann Sebastian Bach (1685-1750) with Chatham Baroque and guests
- My Lord Has Come by Will Todd (b. 1970)
$25 online, advance; $30 at the door; $5 full-time students.